Loch Fyne Restaurants
Industry: Restaurant chain
With a very strong brand for fine food (predominately fish), restaurant ambiance and quality of experience.
To create an interview process for selecting the right Restaurant Managers who will be key to Loch Fyne’s ambitious national
- Loch Fyne were looking to grow quickly and had to recruit high numbers of Restaurant Managers to support their growth plans
- The two main operational territories were North and South, both territories were performing at similar levels
- A general lack of interview confidence in recognising candidates that suited their brand values and behavioural elements of the role
- A high turnover of Restaurant Managers
- The Southern region Operations Director embraced the new interview system
- The Northern region Operations Director did not
- The Southern region Operations Director relied heavily on the interview tool for recruitment decisions, often using it overriding his intuition to take a chance on somebody and say no
- The Southern region experienced significant growth, creating greater market share, profitability and sales
- The Southern Region considerably outperformed the Northern Region
Even though we would like to take all of the credit for the incredible performance improvements of the southern region compared to the northern region; it is fair to say that Operations Director was the key differential.
However, he openly states, that in the end, it was the management team he built using our interview tool that enabled him to consistently deliver outstanding performance aligned to the Loch Fyne brand.
- Worked with Loch Fyne’s Head of Operations to understand the role of Restaurant Manager and produce a behavioural profile.
- Developed a detailed behavioural interview pack, aligned to the specific requirements of Loch Fyne.
- Created an objective scoring system that would enable Loch Fyne to benchmark candidates against the company standard and also to have confidence in the selection decisions they make.
- Provided interview support and interview training with live candidates.